Welcome to the Accounting Plus Tax Center!


This is your handy location for frequently asked questions concerning tax filing and preparing. If you have a question not answered here, drop us a line and we'll get back to you. We pride ourselves on returning your call.

Leave it all to us at Accounting Plus!

How to prepare for your tax appointment:

Download our printable checklist of what to bring to your individual tax consultation so you know exactly what you need to be prepared.
Download our more comprehensive Personal Tax Organizer PDF if you're familiar with the process and want an even more in-depth checklist.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What's the key to a successful tax preparation appointment?

A: A little bit of preparation! By making sure you have all the materials you'll need in one place before you come in, you're setting yourself up for an efficient and informative consultation that brings you one step closer to your tax return. Check out our 7 things to bring with you to your personal tax consultation checklist.

Q: What's the status of my refund?

A: You can check the status of your state and federal refunds by checking the Missouri and Federal inquiry systems.

Q: How much do you charge?

A: Average tax prep in Missouri for an individual is $261. Our average is about half that price. However, please call us for an estimate so we can take your unique situation into account.

Q: Will I have to pay at the time of my appointment?

A: Yes, you will need to pay at the time of your appointment. However, we do offer the option to have
the fees come out of your refund for an additional bank fee.

Tax Season Tips

Tip #1: Be the Early Bird

Bring your paperwork is as soon as possible. We can help you get your paperwork filed and "taxes" checked off your list!

TIP #2: Business Owners File Early

Remember that S-Corporations, C-Corporations and Partnerships must file by March 15th.

Tip #3: Secure your identity.

Questions about identity theft? Find Answers to these common questions at the IRS Guide to Identity Theft:

  1. What is tax-related identity theft? 
  2. What are the warning signs of identity theft?
  3. What steps do I need to take if I become the victim of identity theft?
  4. How can I reduce my risk of identity theft?

Tax Extensions

Can I file an extension and what does this mean for me?

As an individual we have to file our personal taxes by April 15th. However, if for some reason you cannot file your return by April 15th, you can file an extension. This will give you 6 months to FILE the return, until October 15th.

This does not extend the TIME TO PAY. If you owe on your taxes, the balance is still due April 15th. But by filing the extension you can avoid certain penalties (like the Failure to File penalty).

We always recommend you try to file by the original deadline, but sometimes you have to extend because of certain things outside of your control and that's okay. 

As a business owner of a Partnership, S-Corporation or C-Corporation you will have to file your Business return by March 15th. If you file an extension this gives you until Sept 15th. 

Tax Calculators

Check out some helpful tools for understanding your finances here.

Tax Calendar

View important dates with our Tax Calendar.


If you are looking for tax forms to download, contact us. If you're ready to set up your tax appointment or are wondering about our services, get in touch with us and we'll help you out!