Tax Season Tips

Tip #1: Be the Early Bird

Bring your paperwork is as soon as possible. We can help you get your paperwork filed and "taxes" checked off your list!

TIP #2: Business Owners File Early

Remember that S-Corporations and C-Corporations must file by March 15th; Partnerships are due April 15th.

Tip #3: Secure your identity.

Questions about identity theft? Find Answers to these common questions at the IRS Guide to Identity Theft:

  1. What is tax-related identity theft? 
  2. What are the warning signs of identity theft?
  3. What steps do I need to take if I become the victim of identity theft?
  4. How can I reduce my risk of identity theft?

Tax Extensions

Can I file an extension and what does this mean for me?

As an individual, we have to file our personal taxes by April 15th. However, if for some reason you cannot file your return by April 15th, you can file an extension. This will give you 6 months to FILE the return, until October 15th.

This does not extend the TIME TO PAY. If you owe on your taxes, the balance is still due April 15th. But by filing the extension you can avoid certain penalties (like the Failure to File penalty).

We always recommend you try to file by the original deadline, but sometimes you have to extend because of certain things outside of your control and that's okay. 

As a business owner of an  S-Corporation or C-Corporation you will have to file your Business return by March 15th; Partnerships are due April 15th. If you file an extension this gives you until Sept 15th to file your business return.